Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Hippo Toys Apollo Rocket - Orange HP with Friction Motor

Here's an interesting rocket I picked up recently. It's a Hippo Toys Apollo rocket in orange HP with friction motor from ca1969 and is 13" (33.02cm) L. I know nothing about Hippo Toys but do know that this was bundled along with other manufacturers toys in a Montgomery Wards space set from that year so at the very least I can narrow it down to when it was made. Other than the friction motor, this is a very simple toy and a wonderful space ship from the Apollo Moon Landing era even if it is a caricature. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

I know, I know, not even close to being historically or technically accurate, but I had a rare few minutes of  'me time' and wanted to play some
























No comments:

Post a Comment