Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

TRAIN TIME: Märklin Pre-War Tin-Litho Tunnel

Here's a gorgeous Pre-War Hunk O' Tin from Märklin. I bought this as much because it's a beautiful tin piece but also because it reminds me of Germany. If you've ever driven those narrow, winding roads through vineyard country along the banks of the Mosel or Rhine, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The tunnel measures 20 1/2" (52.07cm) L x 9 3/4" (24.76cm) W  x 12 1/2" (31.75cm) H. At the end of this post are some pics of how all these German structures were set-up a year or so ago on the train board. Enjoy! Opa Fritz






For maybe a year or so, I set up my German buildings into a little German Town. There are several cities here Stateside whose architecture was heavily influenced by German immigrants - Milwaukee (my home town) was certainly one of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment