Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2022

SunnySide ('SS' China) - Oldtimer Cabriolet (1935 Mercedes-Benz 500K Roadster) Chassis No. 4708-10

This was the only car which came in my SunnySide Classic Transporter 2 set and looks very close to the 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500 Roadster. Too often collector's see a car like this and the first thing they claim it to be is a "Jaguar" - I hate to break it to you people but not every damn toy car sports car made is a Jaguar! I say that because on more than several occasions I've run up against collector's whose eye for form, in a word, sucked - quite frankly, they couldn't tell a triangle from a square!! My assessment is based on that l-o-n-g flaring front fender, exhaust pipes protruding from the right side of the hood and the placement of the spare tire on the trunk (or boot). Nearly every photo I've come across shows the roadster as a rag-top convertible but the Jo-Han kit does show it as a hard-top and now I wonder if that hard-top was removable? Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Both photos culled from the Internet



















No comments:

Post a Comment