Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2023

A Tale of Two Badges - Pressed Tin Deputy Sheriff Badges Made in Japan

Here's two identical toy made-in-Japan pin-back 'Deputy Sheriff' badges. I'm guessing these were made in the '60s - maybe '70s(?), because that was the heyday of made-in-Japan tin toys. Of course I could be totally off base with my guess but what the heck. These badges are five pointed stars and have no maker's logo on the badge itself and the packaging for each one is nearly identical. The one in the header card bag has the mark of a bird flanked by the letters "I" & "S" inside a diamond. I have a 20-page list of Japanese makers marks and couldn't find any reference to this company. The second badge is missing its header bag but the backer card is only marked "Japan". Enjoy! Opa Fritz




 

No comments:

Post a Comment