Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2023

MPC '70s Era Covered Wagon with Cardboard Cover

It didn't take long for my MPC wagon collection to go into 'super bloom' mode and before I knew it there were a gazillion different variations hanging out in The Cave! Sometimes the body or wheels of the wagon would be different colors or sometimes MPC just placed different covers on its wagons. During the 1970s MPC/Multiple/Miner started adding more and more cardboard pieces like printed figures and accessories to its sets. This wagon came in a Fort Frontier set I posted not too long ago, and has a cardboard cover instead of the older style plastic one. The cardboard cover is nice and has a lot more color and details that the plastic covers and while it has the potential for looking more realistic, that look can be ruined if the person placing the cover on the wagon doesn't do it right. Case in point: the cover on my wagon has more of a folded look than a nice curved look! That curvature would mimic the canvass cover being applied over the curved wooden bows on the wagon. Anywho, one of these days I'll do a post showing all my different wagons so that you can see what goes into collecting these things. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



The MPC Covered Wagon












I scanned the cover so that you can print one out on cardstock




No comments:

Post a Comment