Pages

Friday, April 21, 2023

Lone Ranger Inc. Lone Ranger Deputy Badges - Silver & Gold

I find myself in somewhat of a lull right now with all my series' having been posted. That being said, my collection of Old West badges has a grown over the past month with the addition of these two Lone Ranger badges by Lone Ranger Inc.. "Lone Ranger, Inc." is a Michigan corporation which apparently began in 1933 by radio broadcasting copyrighted dramatic serial stories and is responsible for the licensing of Lone Ranger-related products. This set of two 6-pointed 2" wide badges was made - I believe - in the '50s when the Lone Ranger was at his height of popularity. For those growing up in the '30's through '60s, that show - either on radio or television - was one of the highlights of the week. The radio show starred several people in the title role, but it was Clayton Moore's portrayal of the masked Ranger that is most remembered and most loved. 

There were so many Lone Ranger products manufactured that it's a monumental task just collecting products with his name on it. I have Marx's tin-litho 'Silver City' streetfront, a couple of plastic figures I believe to have been made in Mexico, and now these two badges. The badges are in silver-tone and gold-tone with six points and measure a standard 2" (5.08cm) across. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




2 comments:

  1. Love the figures Ed, Lone Star copies, on Comansi or Lafredo-copy horses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hugh. You know, I honestly don't know who made the originals. I never took the time to research the figures or what they were based on. Sorry! I do like them though. As a matter of fact, I pretty much like any repo or knock-off because - generally speaking - they're cheaper! LOL

      Delete