Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Wild Bill Hickok Marshall's Badge / Money Clip

This is the last badge in my collection to feature for now, the Wild Bill Hickok Marshall Badge from an unknown manufacturer. It's unusual in that it uses a clip instead of a pin making it both a money clip or clip-on badge. It's the fairly standard 2" across, 6-pointed star but has a gold-tone insert with a relief of Wild Bill who was played by Guy Madison in the "Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok" TV series which ran from 1951 - 1958 and co-starred the gravely-voiced Andy Devine as his sidekick 'Jingles'. Alongside the Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin, The Cisco Kid, and Roy Rogers, this was one of my absolute favorites growing up in the '50s!

I may or may not add another badge or two to the collection. The last TV tie-in I would need (and the only other Western TV tie-in badge that I'm aware of) is the Marshall Matt Dillon/Gunsmoke badge. There's only two problems: a) the show was never a favorite of mine, although I did watch it occasionally, and b) original toy badges from that era are expensive. Still, if a few dinero's trickled my way maybe I'll pick one up. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




No comments:

Post a Comment