Pages

Friday, April 14, 2023

TRAIN TIME: Putting Together Another Fire Scene On My Train Layout - Pt 1

Five years ago I had put together a city on fire scene (with corresponding video) on my old train layout which I called "A Bad Day In Marxville". Using vintage toy fire stations, buildings, vehicles, and firemen, a city on fire scenario played out on the layout in full force. I absolutely loved doing this set-up and was reluctant to take it down, but it gave me the desire to do another fire scene on any new layout I may have planned for the future. That time has come! In our next installment we'll talk about plans for the new layout's fire scene. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Video of my earlier fire set-up May 2018

The fire station was made by Keystone in the '50s

First responders on their way to the fire

The building in the right foreground is also Keystone from the '50s

Another view of Keystone's building on fire

Building from Processed Plastic Rescue Team Playset No. 14320 
This is a modern era set - not vintage. I haven't yet blogged this set but will do a follow-up post shortly


An excellent building on fire from HASBRO's 'Fearless Fireman' game/playset ca1953

Spectator's

A whole city block on fire - yikes!

Fire apparatus everywhere - a five alarm fire!

A mix of plastic and diecast vehicles, figures, and accessories was used. Auburn toys figured prominently in the display

Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment