Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2023

BREWERIANA: Camp David Shot Glass

Did you ever get a present from someone that was a souvenir of their travels? Most of us have probably received  presents that were keepsakes from someone else's vacation or even give presents to others that were from our travels. Seems odd when you think of it because, unless that person has ever been to where you were or vice versa, it's actually meaningless - it's someone else's memory not ours! But it is what it is. Here's a gift from one of my nephews - a shot glass from Camp David, the Presidential retreat. In and of itself it's meaningless to me because I've never been there, however here's the backstory. My nephew was a U.S. Marine assigned to the Presidential guard unit under the Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations and so would have been familiar with Camp David. The Presidential tie-in makes this a unique piece in my collection. Kinda neat huh? Enjoy! Opa Fritz



No comments:

Post a Comment