Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

NEW SERIES: PIRATES! - Hing Fat Pirate Set #775

Ahoy mateys! Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum and all that jazz. LOL National Talk Like A Pirate day is fast approaching on 19 Sep and I thought it would be fun to take a look at some of pirate toys, both vintage and modern. Now to be sure, I was never a huge pirate fan but hey, watching Saturday morning TV certainly exposed me to a few classics: Captain Blood, Treasure Island, Swiss Family Robinson to name a few. As I grew older and had kids there would be, Hook, Goonies, Princess Bride, Pirates of The Caribbean and probably a few more. All fun to watch and certainly a reason (excuse?) to collect a few toys. The funny thing is, as much as I wrack what little brains I have, I cannot remember having any pirate toys as a kid. I'm sure there must of been a couple thrown in the mix of toys when I was a kid. The store across the street always had cheap header bags or carded toys that my mother would buy to keep the little brat me) quiet - I just don't remember them now. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Let's start this series with a modern era toy (because I have all the photos ready now): Hing Fat Pirate Set #775. The set includes:

- 1 Cannon 4" (10.16cm) L x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) H

- 1 Large Treasure chest 3" (7.62cm) W x 1 3/8" (3.49cm) H

-15 54mm figures in 8 poses

The cannon is quite large but is suitable for use on a shore battery vs. a ship. The treasure chest is quite large and totally out of scale - best used for putting your pieces-of-eight in! The figures I'm almost sure are copies (being Hing Fat) but cannot identify the original sculpts at the moment. Overall it's a nice little starter set of Pirate fun.







The cannon is non-operating
















No comments:

Post a Comment