Pages

Monday, October 9, 2023

BREWERIANA: Mt. Rushmore Shot Glass

I haven't done breweriana post in a while so here goes. This is a cheap souvenir that I picked up from our visit to Mt. Rushmore back in '91. We had flown in from Germany upon my return to the States after nine years abroad. Picking up our car at the port in St. Louis we drove to Wisconsin to visit relatives and then headed west to Lost Wages, NV to my new station. Mt. Rushmore was on the way and Bettina really wanted to see it. During the movie North by Northwest with Cary Grant, there's a scene which takes place in the Mt. Rushmore cafeteria and she was stoked at being able to be there where the scene was filmed. Unfortunately, I haven't scanned any of the photos from that trip to show here so the shot glass will have to do. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


No comments:

Post a Comment