Pages

Friday, October 20, 2023

PIRATES: CORRECTION - MPC Cannon is Marx

I was checking out the Marx Pirate section of Kent Owen Sprecher's "Toy Soldier HQ" website (link in the sidebar to the right) and discovered I was very wrong about the cannon included with the "Captain Blood and The Buccaneers" playset. It turns out that it was originally MARX not MPC! This was included as part of their Revolutionary War line of toys and not their Pirate line. It appears Marx never offered more than a set of figures for their Pirate line and never issued a full-fledged playset. Sorry for the confusion. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


Photo courtesy Toy Soldier HQ


















2 comments:

  1. Well I can't find it on my Blog under Marx or MPC, so I don't know what happened there?!!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years back I started to keep a spreadsheet of my posts after I found that a bunch of toys were posted twice and in one case three times! It was a lot of work back-tracking to record every post but I'm pretty sure I have 99.9% of them now.

      Delete