Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

It's a Small World After All: Pyro Small Army Auto with Star

This olive drab Pyro car differs from the one featured yesterday in that a white star has been heat-stamped on the roof making it beyond doubts an Army staff car. We're a few posts into this series and I should mention that some of these cars make appearances in Bill Hanlon's book, "DIMESTORE DREAMS, Plastic Toys of the '40s &'50s". They are all shown as being part of a set with either a service station or a simple plastic garage, etc. Had I shown more foresight years ago when I was photographing these, I could've placed these in a grouping along with some of the toys shown in that book because I have the other pieces as well. Oh well, we'll plow through what I do have. Enjoy! Opa Fritz







Pyro's 'DPT189' marking on the trunk









No comments:

Post a Comment