Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2024

It's A Small World After All: Kellogg's Fire Dept. (K.F.D.) - Fire House From Engine House Project - Pt 2 Kellogg's N Scale Engine House

This project was inspired by the insert I bought off of fleaBay many years ago. I believe it may have come with the trucks when you ordered them from Kellogg's. The insert shows a fire station you could have made from a shoebox! It's nice '50s era crafting idea but impractical for my purpose. If I were to use a shoebox it would have needed to be a small one to accommodate those small engines and hey, everyone in this house outgrew small shoes a long time ago! But, as luck would have it, I came across another Kellogg's offering on fleaBay that was perfect for this project: an N-scale brick engine house kit! By scanning the two sheets of the kit on my large format scanner and printing them out on 11"x14" 90lb cardstock, I was able to make my own fire station kit! The next installment will cover the mock-up of the station. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Front and back of the insert


Kellogg's N-scale Engine House





No comments:

Post a Comment