Pages

Friday, October 18, 2024

GIANT Plastics Corp. (aka GIANT of Hong Kong) / Helen of Toy Space Toys - Pt 1

GIANT Plastics Corp - alternately known as GIANT of Hong Kong or just GIANT - made some of my most memorable toys as a kid and I had a bunch of them. Viking, American Civil War, Old West, Romans/Greeks, all were a part of my childhood. They were cheap, readily available, and building up an army of your favorite historical era was within the means of kids with a bit of pocket change. However, there were two themes I don't recall ever having as a kid: the American Revolutionary War and space. Well, as we've been featuring astronauts and aliens all this year, I believe it's time to start looking at what GIANT had to offer. As the series progresses we'll feature both GIANT branded and clone toys - like those offered by Helen of Toy. While I have all the different GIANT space figures I am missing the large rocket ship / spaceship. Sadly, one became available several months ago but I was already over-extended and had to pass it up 😞 Anywho, I have plenty of photos to post even without the spaceship so here goes. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


GIANT offered 9 astronaut poses but only six aliens, which they called 'Martians'
We'll cover the astronaut poses first, then the Martians, then the various accessories (minus the rocket ship which I don't have in the collection - yet)






No comments:

Post a Comment