Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Montgomery Wards Miniature Apollo Exploration set - Pt 7 Lunar Terrain and Equipment Group

This grouping of toys from the Monkey Wards set is a loose amalgam of stuff that goes on the surface of the Moon, to include it's terrain (BTW, how many of you out there used to call Montgomery Wards 'Monkey Wards'? I've been calling it that for as long as I rememebr and other guys in the fb groups call it that as well). The Comm Center (or Control Center, or Radar Array, or whatever else you want to call it), along with the portable solar powered radio were already featured as part of my look at Imperial Toys Apollo Moon Exploring sets. The domes and portable monitor were not included in LP's carded sets. SpaceX Central has a really good write-up on those domes - which at first glance - would seem rather out-of-place in the set. SpaceX also shows other terrain pieces than what I show here but these are what came in my set. My set was also missing the small radar dish (the type used on the Command Center) that would have been included in the 'crater rock' piece. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

My Command Center is missing the hand railing for the platform



My terrain group has two identical pieces in slightly different shades


Here's a complete 'crater rock' set-up. My set is missing the radar dish





No comments:

Post a Comment