Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Well Darn, What's Next? Howz About Some Western Toys. Marx 54mm Buckboard

Yeah, I'm at a loss lately. I had planned on continuing the vintage dinosaur theme with MPC's line of toys but I'm just not ready to get into that at the moment, but lately I've been taking photos of Western/Old West/Old School Cowboy-&-Indian toys so why not post them? Let's start with the venerable Marx Buckboard. 

I've only got a couple of Old West themed Marx playsets, neither of which had wagons in them.  Generally speaking, I'm not a Marx wagon collector because they're just too pricey to try and track down all their variations so I'm by no means an expert in this area but I believe the buckboard came in a couple of colors. It's a nicely done piece in hard plastic with metal axles and a soft plastic horse and driver. My driver shown here may be a repo which is fine by me. The overall length with horse is 8" (20.32cm) and it's 2 1/4" (5.71cm) H (w/o driver).

Enjoy! Opa Fritz














No comments:

Post a Comment