Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2021

TRAIN TIME: American Model Builders All-American Gas Station and Catching Up With Train Layout Videos

Work on my train layouts always slows down in the summer, regardless of what else is going on in my life, because it gets too uncomfortable out in The Cave to do much of anything. 

My Edge of Town micro-layout had a plastic Littletown filling station made during the 1950's. Littletown buildings were made around the same time as Plasticville but then Plasticville bought them out. For unknown reasons, Plasticville chose not to reissue the Littletown station but chose to go with a plainer, blander design of their own. With its bay window, the Littletown version had more visual appeal but it was a tad bit smaller than the P-Ville one. And that's precisely why I chose it for the Edge of Town - it was smaller, thus using less train layout real estate. But in the end I wanted something even smaller still and chose to go with this O-scale laser-cut wood kit from American Model Builders (AMB). I'm a slow worker and haven't gotten far with it but here's some preliminary shots of the station with the walls built-up. BTW, I've already sold off the Littletown station :-) Enjoy! Opa Fritz



I'm opted to not use the station sign that came with the kit and am gonna keep the one I already had on the layout.




Here's links to some of my fairly recent Y'allTube videos. Some are for the Edge of Town layout while others document my very slow progress on the new Milwaukee North Western layout.












No comments:

Post a Comment