Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

CIRCUS TIME: My Brief Foray Into HO Scale Circus Modeling

Not 'brief' - actually, more non-existent. In the early '90's I started buying HO scale circus toys because I hadn't yet fully made the transition to 3-rail O-gauge trains. I ended up with  a Preiser 'Krone' circus tent ( a large, round, one-piece vacu-formed affair), a bunch of Walthers circus flatcars, and a bunch of Preiser wagons and figures. I still have the Preiser wagons and figures but the flat cars and tent were sold off many moons ago. As of late I've been looking at what is/was available to the circus fan modeling in HO scale and am blown away by all the wagons I see that were offered. The problem with trying to collect anything back in '91 or '92 was no Internet! If you didn't happen to know about circus periodicals or didn't catch ads in the few HO scale railroading mags, then you could feel kind of lost. Walthers had tried to fill the gap with their line of circus trains but there were still gaps in the knowledge out there for the average collector. Anywho, here's what I have left today by way of Preiser wagons - no 12 angle photo essays this time, sorry! Enjoy! Opa Fritz

These are the wagons I have but now I know there was so much more available to the HO scale circus fan back in the day











No comments:

Post a Comment