Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

SunnySide Set No. SS307-12D Antique Classic 3 Boxed Set of 1/43 Scale Vehicles - Pt 1

Okay, the break is over, time to get back to posting. I really don't mean to take breaks this long but too often life just gets in the way and well, it is what it is.

I was going through my spreadsheet of blog posts and happened to notice that there have already been two rounds or series devoted to SunnySide vehicles. Seems there was a bunch of posts back in Aug/Sep 2017 I totally forgot about. That series was woefully incomplete with a lot of trucks and cars left out because, hey, it's what I had at the time. Then of course we had this latest round stretching from Oct 2022 - Jan 2023 and concentrating mainly on the trucks. This next round will highlight the autos as found in this boxed set I picked up last year. To tell you the truth, I'm not actually prepared for this third round because the photos for the individual pieces have yet to be taken, but hey, I'm itchin' to post something so here goes.

Today's set is labeled "Antique Classic 3" while the previous boxed set - the one with all the trucks - was called "Limited Classic Transporter 2". This leads me to believe that somewhere out there is an oddly named set with the number "1" in it's title. The "Limited Classic Transporter 2" set had absolutely no dates on it whatsoever but I surmised it to be from the early-to-mid 1990s. The set posted today, thankfully, has a label on the box bottom clearly showing it to be from 1993! Another thing I like about this is that each different type of car is given an Item Number which is also clearly shown on the box. (the "Limited Classic Transporter 2" set had no item numbers anywhere so I simply used the chassis numbers as they appeared underneath the vehicle). The box itself is a counter display type with the top flap designed to fold up and back and act as a backdrop. This was purchased intact with all the correct vehicles whereas the "Limited Classic Transporter 2" box was missing two or three pieces. Enjoy! Opa Fritz










No comments:

Post a Comment