Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2023

My Very First Attempt At An 'Artsy' Diorama

This photo was taken in 2007 - 3years before the blog was started! I was starting to get really interested in collecting toys and photographing them. Doing a blog hadn't even entered my noggin then. This was cobbled together using printouts culled from the Internet. The cratered moon surface and the photo of Saturn were printed out, cut out, then attached to pieces of black foamcore. The rocket I could've sworn at the time was MPC but it turns out it was Processed Plastic. It was the kind of rocket ship I had as a kid and spurned me on to collect ever more space toys and to figure out who actually made them because it was apparent my memory sucked! The two figures are modern era Made-in-China astronauts. The whole affair was set up out in The Cave and a bunch of photos taken with this being my personal favorite. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



No comments:

Post a Comment