Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

TRAIN TIME: Menard's #275-9145 M&Ms Boxcar (Orange) (2023)

With Halloween behind us we can get back to more-or-less normal posts. It seems appropriate that we've been having M&M's related posts because they are a perfect tie-in to Halloween and Trick-or-Treat with all it's related candy. My grand daughter went as a Pirate this year, no doubt inspired by the Pirate displays she helped set up just a month or two ago! And of course she came back with quite a nice haul of candy. Hey, but wait! Where the heck are the M&M's in her haul? I'm gonna have to make up for that shortcoming 😂  Enjoy! Opa Fritz


On to the trains. This year's M&M's boxcar by Menard's is in orange. A nice color, but when compared to their 'red' boxcar they are nearly the same in tonal quality! But hey, I'm still okay with it.














5 comments:

  1. And a fine Pirate she makes! Are you going to give us the whole train Ed?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hugh - I'll let her know! Yup, I'm gonna run through the whole consist plus all of the ancillary items, like vehicles. As a fatter-of-mact, I'm almost done. There's two more railroad cars and a truck to post. I would love to get the M&M's trains made by Mike's Train House (MTH) but Lord Almighty are they expensive! My next series (and it'll be a long one) will be Hershey's Chocolate trains.

      Delete
    2. I forgot, there's another motorized track inspection set by Menards that needs photographing as well.

      Delete
    3. Funny - I have a hankering for the Hershey's (and I can't stand the chocolate), there used to be a dealer on evilBay with a load of stuff on constant relist (white eagle, food eagle?) and he had all the buildings in HO (some were a bit silly if I recall, like a Hershey's burger-joint?), and I thought they'd make an excellent 'cameo' collection, all brown & cream! So I'll look forwards to them!

      H

      Delete
    4. That seems to be a universal European attitude in regards to Hershey's. You know it was deliberately developed with a pinch of salt in the mix which Europeans can't seem to wrap their taste buds around. My favorite product is their Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (no salt in that) :-)

      Delete