Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Processed Plastic 1957-ish Cadillac El Dorado Biarritz Convertible w/o Top Mint Green SP

Like so many other series here on the blog, this is one I started years ago (2015), made a few posts, then stopped. A couple of years later I made a couple of more posts, then a couple of years later some more. Why? Partially because I moved on to other things, partially because I was waiting to buy more in the series before re-starting the project. Sooo, a few days ago I pulled out my bin with most of my Processed Plastic vehicles in it and started taking photos again. I did post a PP VW pick-up truck back in February but now's the time to fully re-engage. I loved these PP vehicles as a kid, and although I only had a few, there was something about them that stuck in my memory after all these years while other toys faded into obscurity. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Back on 25 Feb 2015 I posted this Green Cadillac Convertible and attributed it to a 1957-ish El Dorado Biarritz. From what I could tell it's not an exact match but is a toy mash-up with features from various Caddy's. That first post was a 'top-down' version which did not come with a removable top. Processed Plastic also made these convertibles with removable tops which fit into holes in the upper body panel. In addition, PP vehicles came with and without silver detailing, and black or white wheels.

My first Processed Plastic post back in 2015. Notice the silver detailing on the body and wheels.

Notice there are no holes in the top to accommodate the removable top.


A 'top-up' convertible with removable top

The holes in the body are readily apparent on the toy.


Today's mint-green, 'top-down' version.
The car measures: 4" (10.16cm) L x 1.5" (3.81cm) W x 1.125" (2.85cm) H



 







No comments:

Post a Comment