Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Triang Minic 25M Flatbed Lorry

This post is related to my "A Yank Does Hornby" series in that I've been looking for vintage-looking or actual vintage cars and trucks (lorries) for my Hornby layout. I've picked up a few Corgi and Lledo 1/43 scale diecast lorries but those are all modern day production. I really wanted some stuff made back in the day and found out about several companies that offered vehicles back then. Triang Minic. Wells-Brimtoy, and Chad Valley are the ones that come to mind but there may be more I'm unfamiliar with. 

My collection is quite small at the moment but one of the things that impressed me the most about the Triang Minic series is that they had clockwork motors in the! They come out at around 1/48 - 1/50-ish scale and look just fine on any 3-rail O-gauge train layout. The clockwork mechanism is not something you see in domestic manufacture for vehicles this small and it is quite impressive - I like! :-) I got this one without a key but did have a key for another vehicle which I used. It measures 5 1/2" (13.97cm) L x 2" (5.08cm) W x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) H. I arrived at the '25M' designation from a quick look at the Net because I don't yet have any guides or books to rely on, so if this is wrong please excuse me. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina













No comments:

Post a Comment