Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: USAF Basic Training Sep 1978 - Pt7 USAF Basic Training , San Antonio Sights (2) The O. Henry House

While our flight was on a day pass in San Antonio, I had a chance to visit the O. Henry house. William Sydney Porter - aka O. Henry (pen name) - was a prolific short story writer. While he was born in North Carolina, this was one of the places he lived while in Texas. Those of us growing up in the '50s will recognize his name as it was mentioned in the opening credits of the TV show "The Cisco Kid" (1950-56) starring Duncan Renaldo in the title role with Leo Carillo starring as his sidekick Pancho. The Cisco Kid - along with The Lone Ranger,  Roy Rogers, and The Wild Bill Hickcock show - were among my favs as a kid! These were all the pics I have as I was rationing my film for all the other sights to see. Enjoy! Opa Fritz








No comments:

Post a Comment