Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Lido 60mm HP Troopers For T. Cohn's Superior Space Port - Pt 1

Time to start another space figure series. For the next week or so I'm going to post figures that were made by Lido for inclusion in T. Cohn's Superior Space Port. During the past year, after acquiring the beautiful tin-litho Space Port made by T. Cohn, I've slowly been piecing together the bits-& pieces needed to complete it. All the major components were there, but only a couple of figures came with the set I bought. The aliens that came with the Space Port have already been blogged here on Toys and Stuff from May to July of this year. But, up until a couple of months ago, I never thought I'd be able to get the 60mm Troopers that originally came with it. When an incomplete set came up for sale I snatched it up!!!

The Troopers, like all the figures that came with the Space Port, were provided by Lido and  were essentially recycled WWII Army figures with clear space helmets. Being early sculpts by Lido, these things are crude! There's little to no details and by today's standards would be considered amateurish, however, many of the toys offered during those early years of plastic toy production were like that. The Space Port would of had 8 poses, but the job lot I bought only had five poses. The clear plastic helmets that went with these are a real bear to find, but I consider myself fortunate to get what I did. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

There are two poses not shown in this photo


The two missing figures:
Hands on hip

Swinging an axe?? It's hard to tell from this angle but he closely resembles the figure holding a large rock over its head. This guys is not holding a rock.


The job lot of Lido Troopers I bought a couple of months ago: 8 figures in 4 poses






No comments:

Post a Comment