Pages

Monday, July 8, 2024

Space Paratroop: Ajax Repop's From Hong Kong MOC

Back on June 17th I posted this figure that I had in my collection. 


He was only identified by the fb powers-that-be as an Ajax repop.  In any case, eBay provided a clue when the set this figure was a part of, was up for sale and listed as made in 'Hong Kong', but unknown manufacturer. 

Okay, I'm fine with that. We've featured many a Hong Kong toy here on the blog that will forever remain anonymous. I like to refer to the manufacturers' collectively as "Mom & Pop, Inc., Back Alley, Kowloon City, Hong Kong" because who the hell knows who made these things! In any case, whoever it was - Thank You! These toys make collecting fun and offer soooo many options and variations at prices often times far less than the originals. (Oh, BTW, Kowloon City no longer exists. The government of Hong Kong tore down that warren of ghettos and alley ways many years ago). 

Now here's the kicker: these are the first Ajax-type figures in my collection! Ajax seems to have gone totally ignored by me over the years as I concentrated on other makes. Here's the Ajax line courtesy of Kent Owen Sprecher's Toy Soldier HQ website. 


Hmmmm, looking at this photo I think I may have one or two of these out in The Cave - I'll have to look again!

To make a long story longer, I broke down and bought the set which was MOC and here it is. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



No comments:

Post a Comment