Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Multiple Toymakers Golden Astronaut - Stage I Terrain Tiger

The Golden Astronaut Launch Site series mirrors that of the Trinag SpaceX Earth Base series offering the same toys but with some slight name changes:

STAGE I LAUNCH SITE SERIES
-Mobile Launch Pad
-Terrain Tiger
-Lift Loader
-Security Patrol Copter

I mentioned in the introduction yesterday that all of the Stages have small carded sets with one toy and larger window box sets with multiple toys. AND, that's not all. Multiple was the master at repackaging and offered the Terrain Tiger, Lift Loader, and Security Patrol Copter as a carded set. I don't have that set :-(

For Stage I I'm gonna post the small carded toys first as I have to finish editing my photos of the Mobile Launch Pad. The MLP will be posted after the Security Patrol Copter.

The SpaceX version of this was called the "Tractor T-5" while Multiple renamed it "Terrain Tiger". Me? I just call it a space tow truck LOL It's origins can be found here on SpaceX Central.They both measure 2 1/2" (6.35cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) W x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) H. As with all the SpaceX or GA toys, any one of twelve different astronaut figures could've been included at random - except perhaps for the seated astronaut which tended to be included only in the Moon Base sets. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Here's the three small carded sets of the Launch Site Series


















I have several GA terrain Tiger's. This one is marked "Made In Hong Kong" underneath


This one is marked "Triang SPACEX Made In Hong Kong" underneath



Here's an interesting homegrown variation I got off fleaBay some years back. Someone had applied USAF decals on it to use perhaps as a crash recovery vehicle.










No comments:

Post a Comment