Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Old World Wisconsin, near Eagle, Wisconsin July 1978 - Pt 1

Located in Waukesha County near Eagle, Old World Wisconsin was one of the more interesting venues I visited during 1978, a year which kept me hopping - traveling, sightseeing, wandering, joining the military. This is one of those outdoor museum's in which historic buildings from throughout Wisconsin have been disassembled and re-assembled on site or, in some cases, moved intact to the site. It's divided into sections delineated by the various ethnic groups that settled in the State. I haven't been back there since then so can't say what the museum is like now. As I recall I just sort of wandered around taking pictures, sometimes doubling back on myself :-)  I think the way I'll approach this series of posts is to go film roll by film roll - pretty much in order as to how I saw the park - interspersed with whatever postcards I may have. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Pictures from a guidebook acquired at the museum






Below: The paper was stuck in the photo album pretty good, so I just removed the leaf from the album and scanned the whole thing rather than risk tearing the paper


NOTE: This is from 1978 and does not reflect a current schedule










No comments:

Post a Comment