Pages

Friday, August 14, 2020

MPC Dinosaur's Roaming Southern Nevada

I'm kind of at a low point for space toy photos at the moment. I've been taking pics of the Imperial Toy Apollo Moon Exploration series, but haven't edited any of the photos yet. I still have some larger size space toy that need photographing as well. So with that in mind let's enjoy an interlude with dinosaur toys.

It's funny, but as much as I liked dinaosaur's as a kid, in the 10 years I've been doing this blog, I've only done one post on the classic dinosaur toys of the kind I grew up with - an unboxed set of Toy Street dino's. I did feature a bunch of pics from my old Flintstones train layout but the thrust of that series of posts was the layout itself, which of course, had some dinosaurs on it. Then too I covered the Post Cereal dinosaur premiums that were of the 'cartoony' type. To that end I have slowly-but-surely been collecting and photographing some of those classic style dinosaurs many of us grew up with, like MPC and Marx - no TimMee - yet! Some months back I picked up a handful of MPC dinosaur's and finally got around to photographing them for a future photo essay. It's not a complete set of MPC dino's by any means but it's a start. I also got a MIB, unopened set from Toy Street which I photographed. The hard part for me is coming up with a decent landscape that I can photograph the toys in. I'm running out of room in The Cave for one, for another, I'm stuck on whether I should do a tropical theme, desert theme, whatever???

Soooo, that being said, I wanted to do something, ended up getting bored, sat down at the computer and put this montage of MPC dino's together in Photoshop. The picture was taken on the route leading to Lake Mead, Nevada which is full of rugged terrain suitable for lots of toy photo opportunities. I know, maybe this terrain isn't right for these critters but hey, it was a quickie project after all. Still, I hope you - Enjoy! Opa Fritz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment